Add your personalised recording when someone calls a Rule with a voice menu
Every time a voice menu for a Rule is used an appropriate Cradle voice recording will be played by default. You can replace the default message with your own personalised recording.
There are two places where you can change voice menu recordings:
- Voice menu for each Group when you have selected voice menu during hours (or 24/7)
- Voice menu for each Group when you have selected voice menu after hours.
Record Your File
To set your custom recordings, first you will need to record them. We accept files in mp3 and wav format. If you need help for your particular computer, we recommend Googling. Note, that the finished file must end with either a .mp3 or .wav extension, and it must be less than 10 MB. If your recording is not in these formats you must convert it (do not change the file extension as this will not work).
Adding a Rule Voice Menu
If you have selected Voice Menu for any calls during hours, 24/7, or after hours you can add a personalised voice menu recording. To upload your file, follow these steps in admin.cradle.io:
- Click Rules.
- Click the edit button for the Rule you want to adjust.
- At the bottom select During Hours (or 24/7) or After hours as required.
- Drag and drop your new recording onto the Upload box
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 for all of your Rules.
You can use the audio player to hear your recording. To change the file, revisit the same page and drag a new file onto the upload box.