Cradle Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on the 9th of January, 2018.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- Google, when you sign up for or log in to Cradle using G-Suite on our website or applications, or the Sign Up with G-Suite button on our website, we request your permission to access information from your Google account. This access is limited to: the list of users on your G-Suite account (for G-Suite users); and your profile, consisting of your First Name, Last Name, profile picture and email address; and your email address.
- Microsoft, when you sign up for or log in to Cradle using Office on our website or applications, or the Sign up with Office button on our website, we request your permission to access information from your Microsoft account. This access is limited to:the list of users on your Office365 account (for Office365 for work users); and your profile, consisting of your First Name, Last Name, profile picture and email address; and your email address.
- other third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity. This includes using your Google or Microsoft login to verify your email address
- to provide services and products to you
- to facilitate the addition of your work colleagues to your Cradle account, using Google information for G-Suite users or Microsoft information for Office users. Note that this information is not collected by Cradle, merely presented to you client side to make it easier to add users. Only once you add users does their name and email address get sent to Cradle.
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group, including subsidiaries to be formed in the future
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Some of the businesses that support our services are located overseas. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.