There are multiple ways to make a call using Cradle on your computer.
Call a contact
Your Google, Office365 (Outlook), Hubspot, or other third party integration contacts automatically sync with Cradle.
- Click on the phone icon and click into the search box.
- Search by typing the name of the contact.
- Click on the person to start the call.
Enter the number
You can dial or type the number on the keypad screen as you would on your phone.
- Click on the phone icon (if not already in the recents screen).
- Click on the the dial pad at the top of the screen.
- Dial the number by either clicking on the numbers on the Cradle app, typing them on your keyboard, or pasting (Control or Command + V) them from your clipboard.
- Click on the green phone icon or press enter on your keyboard to start the call.
Note: If you are not calling your default country, remember to enter international numbers in the following international format:
+ [country code] [number].
- For New Zealand, you would dial +64 9 887 9333 (Cradle)
- For Australia you would dial +61 3 8595 9965 (Cradle)
- For the US and Canada you would dial +1 415 212 5161 (Cradle)
Calling a Recent Caller
Click on the phone icon in the recents list to dial that number. Note that:
- Recently missed calls show up with red text on the recents list
- Contacts have a green ghost
- Team mates have a blue ghosts
- Unknown numbers have an orange ghost
You can search the list by number or partial number. If the number you search isn't in your call history and it's a complete number you can just press enter to dial it anyway:
- Click on the rugby ball at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll through the list or search by name or role.
- Click on the team member to start the call.
Note: You can't transfer an internal call, so the transfer button is hidden in a team call.
You can also search for a team member by typing their name into the search bar on the recents screen. Team members have a blue ghost.
Clicking on a Link
See instructions for using the Cradle Chrome Extension to call numbers through Cradle directly from your web-based CRM or websites like the Whitepages.
You can also click on tel:, callto: and cradle: links on any webpage to launch Cradle and dial the number directly.
Note: This functionality is limited in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers. These browsers trim all numbers after a space, and often prevent the full number getting to Cradle. In this instance you will see a warning about an incorrect number.
Contacts in macOS
- Click on the phone icon of number in the contacts app within Contacts and the call will automatically start using Cradle.
Ending a Call
This should go without saying, but you click on the large red button!