Do you mainly call through the desktop app? Best you get a high quality headset.
We recommend using a headset with our desktop app like a headset from the Jabra Engage Range or the Jabra Evolve Range, as well as the newer Evolve2 range. We can supply these for our customers at competitive prices.
If the headset you have or buy does not have a ringer option then your computer must have speakers in order to make an audible ringing sound when you're not wearing your headset.
If your computer doesn't have speakers, we keep a small stock of USB speakers that can be used for the incoming call ring tone.
Dense office layout with many calls
Less dense office layout
- Evolve2 65
- Evolve 40 (no ringer)
- Evolve 20 (cheapest option - no ringer)
Old fashioned option
- Handset 450 (for those who like to hold something, no ringer)
Audio Source Setup
Please view the Desktop App Audio Source Setup page.
Jabra Headset Setup
If you have a Jabra Headset, please see our setup guide for best configuration.
Where to buy?
Customers in Australia and New Zealand can purchase Jabra headsets of Cradle directly, using our online store.
We already have headsets!
Don't fret! Cradle works perfectly well with any headset that you already use for online video meetings or the like, as long as it has a headset and microphone, and plugs into your computer using USB or Bluetooth.
If it's not a Jabra UC or MS headset, it won't be integrated with Cradle. This means you'll need to use the app and your mouse to answer and end calls.
We do not recommend using Apple Airpods, or other Bluetooth devices like Airpods that are primarily designed for listening to music. They are great for listening to music, and for you, the sound quality on a call will be great. BUT Airpod microphones tend to pick up a lot of noise and subsequently make you hard to understand - not a great thing to do to the person you're calling!
- Not all headsets are the same! Some Jabra headsets, especially Bluetooth ones that connect directly to your computer, don't integrate with Cradle for macOS and Cradle for Windows.
- If you plan to buy a headset from a third party, please verify that it will work as you expect with Cradle.
- Typically, only Bluetooth headsets that connect to your computer using the Jabra dongles (Jabra Link 380 and Jabra Link 370) integrate with Cradle.
- We can't help you with headsets that you buy from other vendors.