Choose a new phone number, or bring your current one with you to Cradle
Each number in your account must go to a Rule. If you haven't created a Rule yet, see our article on creating Rules.
Adding a new number
- Click on Settings and then Numbers.
- Click on New Number
- Choose an existing Rule for when people call this number or create a new Rule. If you create a new rule you will have to configure it in Rule settings later.
- Choose the country for which you want the number.
- If you want a number from a country that is not listed, please submit a ticket.
- If you want to narrow it to an area code, enter the area code and click refresh. For example, to search for a New Zealand number in Auckland, you could enter 09.
- Once you have found a good number, select the number and then Add Number to secure it. The number will show up on your Numbers page with the Rule that you either selected or created.
Port existing number
If you already have a New Zealand, Australian, US, Canada or UK landline or Toll Free number that you want to retain and use with Cradle, this is not a problem, it takes approximately 10 to 20 working days to port. Please see our article on Porting. You can get a Cradle number while you wait for the port to happen, and divert or forward your calls to Cradle straight away.
If you want to port a number that is not from these countries please submit a ticket.